If you started reading the blog when we first launched it, you would have read that we were dividing our time between Perth and the Pilbara (North-West region of Western Australia). We lived apart for five months after stuck side-by-side for 12 months backpacking around the world. Life after travelling was hard [yes that’s right, feel sorry for me. Heh] It was definitely strange not seeing each other every day. We do not envy anyone who have to be away from loved ones on a regular basis.
By the end of April, our luck changed and we secured jobs in the same town in the Pilbara. Yes, this is a direct correlation between the blog coming to a halt and wanting to spend time together. If you already follow us on Instagram, you’ll know exactly what we’ve been up to for the last six months. Otherwise, keep reading. We hope you’re pleasantly surprised 🙂
Here’s a quick summary of what’s been going on away from the blog:
- We both live and work full time in the Pilbara – We love it here! It’s an extension to our travel adventure and our home for now. We’ve got a special post planned to introduce our readers to our town, so keep an eye out!
- We got to tick off more things from our bucket list such as;
- New Zealand’s South Island
- Taronga Zoo, Sydney
- Crossing the Tropic of Capricorn and the 26th Parallel (again)
- Rob moved into the next decade 😉
- Slowly exploring as much of the Pilbara as we can – we visited the extraordinary gorges of Karijini National Park. We’ve been there once before (back in 2011), and Rob being the observant dude that he is, knows it’s one of my favourite National Parks, asked me to marry him ❤ So, now I’ve got myself a Beyoncé (that’s boy-fiancé!) 🙂
Lots of exciting adventures ahead! We’d love to hear what’s going on in your life! You know where to find us 🙂
Prue and Rob
Bag Most Travelled